Thursday, August 4, 2016

July Quilty Box

As mentioned in the last blog, here is the wall hanging made from the gorgeous hand-dyed fabrics by Kathleen Starr, which came in the July Quilty Box. Again, I did my own thing, something ridiculously simple and fast to brighten our basement hallway.

34" x 42"

It looks a bit like a paint chip chart, but if you look closer you'll see that there are four rectangles of each color, and they kind of radiate from warm at the center to cool at the edges. That's the idea, anyway. SID was done first, and then each rectangle was stitched in free motion in whatever design appealed to me at the moment.

Planning it was made simpler by trying out arrangements of a corresponding number of scraps of each color on my 1-inch grid pressing mat, before bothering to audition the full-size rectangles on the design wall.



Next up is making a quilt for my granddaughter, Lucy, from the outfits worn for photos taken on each month-anniversary of her first year.

Have a great weekend!

Linda

2 comments:

  1. That was a great idea of auditioning the order with scraps. It will certainly brighten the hallway. I can see you like feathers. Look forward to Lucy's quilt. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie. No doubt other folks have done that, too, but I hadn't seen it anywhere yet. It sure saved a lot of energy. I do like feathers, but boy, are mine ever goosey-loosey. Doesn't bother me, but a quilt judge would surely disapprove! :)

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled merely to prevent spam. Your comment should show up within a day or two. Thank you for your patience.